- Biodiversity of crops and plants
* In-situ crops (on farm)
* Ex-situ crops and crop relatives (banks and breeding programs)
* Medicinal and pharmaceutical plants
- Animal genetic resources conservation and sustainable use
- Biodiversity measurements
All papers included in BioConserv meet well-established criteria. In general, BioConserv includes papers that:
- focus on crop and plant biodiversity, animal genetic resources conservation, and biodiversity measurements
- are peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, conference proceedings, thesis, technical reports, working papers, and discussion papers
- include papers with focus on developed countries that have innovative methods
- are authored by CGIAR researchers working on the theme.
BioConserv does not consider:
- papers published by local, state, or national governments, as well as by private organizations and nongovernmental organizations, unless they have been peer reviewed
- purely theoretical studies, conceptual papers, or critical essays.