Our six country-case studies on long-term escape from poverty all:
- address a range of policy issues central to poverty and wealth creation
- are based on individual and household-level panel data covering more than 10 years
- use qualitative methods to inform the quantitative analysis
- apply similar methods to deal with issues of unobserved heterogeneity, attrition bias, and selection bias
- are undertaken in partnership with local institutions; and
- include a range of capacity strengthening and communication work. They will involve developing country partners in designing and analysing survey and qualitative data; poverty monitoring systems; and regional/international research and policy networks.
In addition, some of our work builds on earlier analyses of poverty dynamics and shocks in Zimbabwe.