As an official observer NGO, IFPRI is active at United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) negotiating events. In addition to co-organizing official side events in Copenhagen, Bonn, and Cancun, IFPRI has also partnered with several organizations to lead Agriculture and Rural Development Day 2009 and 2010, a day-long event focused on climate change and food security that is held in parallel to the global climate change talks.
- Side event: Climate Change & BRICS: Findings from the International Conference on Climate Change & Food Security (ICCCFS), December 1, 2011, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Event: Agriculture and Rural Development Day 2011
Durban, South Africa, December 3, 2011
- Policy Seminar: Food Security, Farming, and Climate Change to 2050
Washington, DC, December 1, 2010
- Side event: Enabling agriculture and forestry to contribute to climate change responses
Cancun, Mexico, December 6, 2010
- Side event: Demonstrating agricultural mitigation: Examples from the field
Bonn, Germany, June 4, 2010