IFPRI 2020 Conference
The IFPRI 2020 Conference, held May 15-17, 2014 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, will bring together policymakers, practitioners, and scholars to discuss how resilience can be strengthened for food and nutrition security. The conference will:
- Articulate an intellectual framework for resilience;
- Identify key emerging shocks that pose the biggest threats to food and nutrition security, where resilience needs to be significantly strengthened;
- Assess experiences through case studies and draw out lessons from programs, policies, institutions, and investments around the world;
- Identify key approaches and tools to build resilience to shocks;
- Set priorities for action by different actors and in different regions; and
- Identify knowledge and action gaps in research, policy, and programming that need to be met or scaled up in order to successfully build resilience to food and nutrition insecurity.
Conferees will represent food and nutrition security, agriculture, humanitarian, and related development sectors as well as actors from government, the private sector, nongovernmental organizations, donors, and academia.
The three-day conference will feature an exciting program of keynote speakers, chaired plenary and parallel sessions, side events, and an interactive Knowledge Fair showcasing the latest on-the-ground initiatives on resilience for food and nutrition security.
Participation in the conference by invitation only. There is no registration fee.