- Ramiro Costa, chief economist, Buenos Aires Grains Exchange
- Eugenio Diaz-Bonilla, visiting senior research fellow, IFPRI
- David Laborde-Debucquet, senior research fellow, IFPRI
- Will Martin, senior research fellow, IFPRI
- Maximo Torero, director of Markets, Trade and Institutions, IFPRI
In December 2015, at the 10th World Trade Organization (WTO) ministerial conference, 159 WTO members secured the “Nairobi Package” agreement containing important outcomes on the issue of agriculture. At this seminar, presenters will share highlights of the conference and explore: (i) the role of emerging countries in contributing to global food security; (ii) the political economy under multilateral trade agreements; (iii) types of governance needed to address the moving political economy; and (iv) changes in Argentinian policies, specifically the reduction/elimination of export taxes.