The Annual General Meeting and Conference of the Pakistan Society of Development Economists (PSDE) provides an important forum for economic professionals, policymakers, businessmen, and various schools of interested observers to debate development issues. The objective of this conference is to provide a forum and a platform to academics and policy-makers for an exchange of ideas on the pressing economic and social problems facing Pakistan.
The sub-themes for the 31st AGM and Conference are:
1. Putting People First: Developing Human and Social Capital
2. Achieving Sustained, Indigenous and Inclusive Growth
3. Governance, Institutional Reform & Modernization of the Public Sector
4. Energy, Water & Food Security
5. Private Sector-Led Growth and Entrepreneurship
6. Developing a Competitive Knowledge Economy through Value Addition
7. Modernization of Transportation Infrastructure & Greater Regional Connectivity
Shenggen Fan will be speaking as a panelist on Thursday, December 17, 11:30am-1:00pm (1:30am-3:00am EST time) on the topic “Productive Led Growth and Development." He will also speak at the Distinguished Sarfraz Khan Qureshi Memorial Lecture on Friday, December 18, 4:00pm-5:00pm (6:00am-7:00am EST time) on the topic “Energy, Water and Food Security”.