When the Ministers of Agriculture from G20 countries meet on June 22-23 to develop an action plan to address food price volatility and its impact on the poor, they should focus on the role of smallholder farmers, who are the best bet for achieving global food security, alleviating poverty, and improving human wellbeing in developing countries.
Press Statement by IFPRI Director General Shenggen Fan
- Policy Seminar on “Informing the G20 Agenda: Actions to Address Food Price Volatility”
- Interagency Report to the G20 on “Price Volatility in Food and Agricultural Markets: Policy Responses”
- Leveraging Smallholder Agriculture for Development
- Urgent Actions Needed to Prevent Recurring Food Crises
- G8-Africa Partnership Provides Opportunity to Revitalize Agriculture, Spur Development, and Improve Food Security