- Keith Wiebe, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI (Presentation | Video)
- Alex De Pinto, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI (Presentation | Video)
- Jessica Fanzo, Bloomberg Distinguished Associate Professor of Global Food & Agricultural Policy and Ethics, and Director of the Global Food Ethics and Policy Program, Johns Hopkins University (Presentation | Video)
- Faustine Wabwire, Senior Foreign Assistance Policy Advisor, Bread for the World (Video)
- James Oehmke, Senior Food Security and Nutrition Advisor, USAID Bureau for Food Security (Presentation | Video)
- Claudia Ringler, Deputy Division Director, Environment and Production Technology, IFPRI (Video)
- Q&A Video
The upcoming COP23 will focus attention on how to achieve the goals set by the Paris Agreement while also pursuing the Sustainable Development Goals. Meeting these goals will require long-term planning capacity at the country level. New research from IFPRI and partners provides insight into tools and approaches—including system thinking, multi-objective analysis, and scenario assessment in support of decision-making processes—that can support policy analysis.
This seminar will discuss these recent advances, which can contribute to building broad resilience in food production systems, while helping to meet the new global goals.