The International Development Research Centre (IDRC), partnering with CGIAR’s International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and with the collaboration of Global Affairs Canada, is hosting the Canadian launch of IFPRI’s 2018 Global Food Policy Report.
Open to the public through registration, this event will showcase Canadian perspectives on the current opportunities—and challenges—facing public servants, researchers, thought-leaders, policymakers, and key stakeholders in agriculture and food policy.
IFPRI Director General Shenggen Fan will deliver a special presentation highlighting the Report’s findings, followed by a dynamic panel discussion moderated by IDRC’s Senior Program Specialist, Jemimah Njuki. The cross-sector subject matter specialists will explore some of the pressing issues and potential impacts on global food systems, as Canada prepares to host the G7 summit, including the role of women and girls.
- Jean Lebel, President, IDRC
- Celina Caesar-Chavannes, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of International Development and La Francophonie, Parliament of Canada
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Jemimah Njuki, Senior Program Specialist, International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Faris Ahmed, Director, Policy & Campaigns, USC Canada
- Sue Szabo, Director General, Food Security and Environment, Global Affairs Canada
- Agnes Quisumbing, Senior Research Fellow, Poverty, Health, and Nutrition Division (PHND), International Food Policy Research Institute
French and English simultaneous interpretation will be available and the event will be videotaped and available on IDRC’s YouTube channel.