- Antoine Bouet, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI (Presentation | Video)
- David Laborde Debucquet, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI (Presentation | Video)
- Kimberly Ann Elliot, Visiting Fellow, Center for Global Development (Video)
- Michael Ferrantino, Lead Economist, Trade & Competitiveness, The World Bank Group (Video)
- Máximo Torero, Executive Director for Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Paraguay, Peru, and Uruguay, The World Bank Group (Video)
- Q&A Video
The last two decades have seen the deepening of the globalization process while worldwide poverty and hunger have been strongly reduced. Still, the international trade policy’s role in improving food and nutrition security for the world’s remaining 795 million undernourished people remains the subject of a long-standing and intense debate.
This book launch will discuss the relationship between the global trading system and food security, with a focus on the WTO’s Doha Development Agenda and whether trade instruments can manage food price volatility.