- Steven Were Omamo, Deputy Director of Policy and Programme and Coordinator of Food Systems Strategy, Policy and Support at the UN World Food Programme (WFP) (Presentation | Video)
- Suresh Babu, Head of Capacity Strengthening, IFPRI (Video)
- Lex Kassenberg, Senior Director, Humanitarian Team, CARE USA (Video)
- Danielle Mutone-Smith, Head of Policy, Partnerships, and Communication, USAID/Food for Peace (Video)
- Ugo Gentilini, Senior Economist, Social Protection and Labor Global Practice, World Bank (Video)
- Q&A Video
At a moment when protracted conflicts and fears of famine threaten the lives and food security of millions, WFP has released World Food Assistance 2017, a new global report that details recent trends and patterns in food assistance and demonstrates how food assistance can save lives in humanitarian crises while addressing the root causes of hunger.
Join speakers from WFP, USAID/Food for Peace, CARE International and IFPRI for a rich discussion on the trends, challenges and innovative solutions in food assistance at a time of complex emergencies and soaring needs.