- Derek Headey, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Leslie K. Elder, Senior Nutrition Specialist, Global Financing Facility, World Bank Group
- William A. Masters, Professor, Tufts University
- James Thurlow, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Marie Ruel, Director, Poverty, Health and Nutrition Division, IFPRI
The agricultural sector has long been viewed as a major driver of poverty reduction and food security in developing countries, but is now increasingly asked to contribute to reducing the global burden of undernutrition. The linkages between agriculture and nutrition are complex, however, and not well informed by a strong and relevant evidence base.
This seminar will present results from an IFPRI-led project - “Advancing Research on Nutrition and Agriculture (AReNA)” - designed to advance this evidence base and address strategic policy questions on how agricultural policies can help improve human nutrition.