Rapid Fire Presentations
- James W. Jones, Distinguished Professor and Director, Florida Climate Institute (currently at the National Science Foundation) (Video)
- Morven McLean, Executive Director, International Life Sciences Institute (ILSI) Research Foundation (Video)
- Jikun Huang, Professor of Agricultural Economics, China Center for Agricultural Policy (CCAP)，Peking University (Video)
- Prabhu Pingali, Director, Tata-Cornell Institute for Agriculture and Nutrition, Cornell University (Video)
- James A. Roumasset, Professor Emeritus, University of Hawai'i-Monoa (Presentation | Video)
- Saharah Moon Chapotin, Executive Director, United States Botanic Garden (Video)
- Stanley Wood, Senior Program Officer, Agricultural Development, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) (Video)
- Claudia Ringler, Deputy Director, Environment and Production Technology Division, IFPRI
Yield growth is essential for people and the planet. But what should we breed and for what should we breed under a more erratic climate, growing natural resource scarcity and new disease threats? What is the role for better agricultural and food systems management and more adaptive institutions? Can yield growth help reduce environmental damages from agriculture, and help end hunger, micronutrient deficiencies and obesity?
A distinguished set of experts will address these questions through a series of rapid-fire presentations to honor Mark Rosegrant’s work at IFPRI over the last 40 years.