- Congressman Jim McGovern, 2nd District of Massachusetts and Co-Chair of the House Hunger Caucus
- Neven Mimica, Commissioner, International Cooperation and Development, European Commission (Video message)
- David O'Sullivan, Ambassador and Head of European Union Delegation to the United States
- Luca Russo, Senior Strategic Advisor on Resilience, FAO and Steering Committee Member, Food Security Information Network (FSIN)
- Dominique Burgeon, Director of Emergencies, Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Beth Dunford, Assistant to the Administrator, Deputy Coordinator for Development for Feed The Future , USAID
- Arif Husain, Chief Economist, World Food Program (WFP)
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Rob Vos, Director of Markets, Trade and Institutions Division, IFPRI
The Global Report on Food Crises provides food security and nutrition analyses from countries that are chronically vulnerable to food crises and have large populations facing acute food insecurity. The Report draws attention to rising levels of food insecurity and malnutrition, particularly associated with conflict and the impact of extreme climate events.
The 2018 Report provides the latest estimates of severe hunger in the world. Conflict and insecurity continued to be the primary drivers of food insecurity in 18 countries, where almost 74 million food-insecure people remain in need of urgent assistance.